May 10, 2012
Commencement/Convocation Parking/Traffic Information
1. Expect heavy traffic approaching and leaving campus in all directions.
2. Free parking is available in all general lots and the visitor area of Mason Pond Deck (Levels 1-2) for convocations and commencement.
3. Free parking will be available in the permit areas of Rappahannock Parking Deck.
4. A limited amount of free parking will also be available Thursday-Saturday in the permit levels (Levels 2-5) of Shenandoah Parking Deck.
5. Attendants will be directing traffic to open and available parking.
6. Since convocations are scheduled at the Patriot Center and Concert Hall simultaneously, parking on the southern end of campus, including lots A, C, J, K, L, and the Mason Pond Deck will be extremely busy.
7. Expect traffic along Braddock Rd. to be extremely heavy.
8. 511 Virginia, a toll-free phone service (owned by the Virginia Department of Transportation) can be called for real-time traffic conditions.
9. Follow George Mason Parking's Twitter feed for up-to-date parking information as well.
10. Faculty/Staff Parking Advisory for May 16-19, 2012 - It is strongly recommended to park on the north end of campus, including the Rappahannock River Parking Deck and access campus via University Drive to avoid the heaviest traffic.