January 18, 2013
With the start of the Spring 2013 semester several changes in University Parking Policy #1108 are being implemented that impact the citation and appeal process. These changes were recommended by the University's Parking Advisory Committee in the summer of 2012, approved and adopted into policy.
The following changes will take effect beginning Monday, February 4, 2013
• the time period for filing an appeal to a parking citation has been reduced from ten days to five days
• the first late fee is now $15 and will be added after a citation goes unpaid for ten days; the second late fee is now $25 and is added when a citation remains unpaid thirty days after issuance
• citations must be paid within five days to avoid late fees
• in addition to the existing rules of being eligible to have one's car immobilized when owing $300 or more in citations, one can also have their car towed and immobilized on each citation after having received five valid prior citations in a semester
• appellants requesting a second level/final appeal hearing before the Faculty/Staff or Student Appeals Boards will incur a $15 administrative fee if one's citation is not dismissed in its entirety by the appeals board. The $15 administrative fee will be added to the citation balance.
• certain violation fines have been increased, however, if paid within five days, the fine will be reduced