March 17, 2010
Below is updated information related to campus traffic and parking before, during and after the event with President Barack Obama on Friday, March 19.
Please be alert for signs related to traffic and parking when coming to campus on Thursday evening through Friday afternoon.
Expect heavy traffic approaching campus on Friday morning due to the President Obama event at the Patriot Center. It is strongly recommended to avoid Braddock Rd and consider accessing campus via University Drive and Roberts Rd. Campus traffic and Braddock Rd. will also be very busy following the event.
Parking Lot Closures
- Several sections of Lot A outside the South entrance of the Patriot Center will be closed from 5:00pm,Thursday, March 18 to 2:00pm Friday, March19.
- Other spaces in Lot A may be restricted on Thursday and Friday. Please read signs before you park.
- The Patriot Center administrative lot and loading dock area will also be completely closed to the public during this time.
Vehicles in restricted areas will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense.
- To avoid event parking, it is advised to park in the Rappahannock River Deck and the Field House Lots.
- A limited amount of alternate parking will be made available to surface lot permit holders on the roofs of the parking decks. To access roof parking for Mason Pond Deck, please use Aquia Creek Lane (behind SUB I.) To access the Sandy Creek Deck roof parking, please use the Level 3 Entrance.
Please allow extra time to park, and to reach your destination, given the expectation of heavy traffic around campus.