Science & Technology Parking
Parking Services Office
Location: Occoquan Building, Room 112
Monday and Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 Noon
Visit the Parking Services web site for additional information.
Parking is enforced at the Science & Technology Campus (SciTech). All faculty, staff, students and Beacon Hall residents must display a valid George Mason University parking permit. All permits can be purchased online. Faculty/staff wishing to use the payroll deduction purchase option use this form.
Permit Enforcement hours are: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 11:00pm
Most Mason parking permits issued at Fairfax and Arlington Campuses are honored at the Science & Technology Campus*; Science & Technology parking decals and Beacon Hall resident decals are honored at Fairfax in the general permit spaces but NOT at Arlington without permission from Arlington Parking Services.
*West Campus and Lot M&P Fairfax permits are not valid at the SciTech Campus.
Visitors to the Science & Technology Campus may purchase daily, weekly and monthly permits online and park in the Occoquan, Discovery, King, Tower and Hylton lots unless Hylton is having a special event. Visitors are required to display a valid Mason parking permit or to pay for hourly metered parking. Daily, weekly and monthly permits may be purchased in the Parking Services Office or online by clicking here.
After your purchase print out the permit and display it on your dashboard. Metered parking is paid for at the Pay Station machines located at the Occoquan Parking Lot Information Kiosk and the Tower Lot entrance Pay Station.
- See Parking Pay Station instructions below.
- See Special Parking & Regulations below.
Visitors to the Science & Technology Visitors to the Science & Technology Campus will be instructed by signage to take note of the parking space number and follow instructions to pay at the electronic parking meter located at the front of Occoquan Lot. A vehicle which leaves a paid space prior to the expiration of time relinquishes any balance of time without refund. The balance of time does not transfer to any other space.
Parking Pay Station Instructions
Machines are located at the Occoquan Parking Lot Information Kiosk and at the Tower Lot entrance.
The Pay Station rates are
- $2 = 1 Hour
- $3 = 2 Hours
- $4 = 3 hours
- $5 = 4 hours
- $6 = All Day
- First you enter the space number where the vehicle is parked into the machine and press “OK” on the screen.
- If paying with coins just put in the coins and your paid time will appear on the screen.
- If paying by credit card enter the space number and press “OK” on the screen. Then the $6.00 all day amount will appear on the screen by default. If you want to pay for all day just press “OK” on the screen and swipe your credit card. If you want to pay for less time use the up & down arrows on the screen. When you have reached the desired time press “OK” on the screen and swipe your credit card. The machines accept Visa, MasterCard, coins & dollar coins (U.S. currency only) and does NOT give receipts. When a vehicle is moved from a paid space prior to the expiration of time, balance of time is relinquished without refund. The balance of time does NOT transfer to any other space.
- 5 Free 30 minute Spaces are available in the Occoquan Lot.
- 2 Free 15 minute Spaces are available in front of the Occoquan Lot on George Mason Circle.
- Handicap Parking Available in each Science & Technology parking lot. Vehicle must display BOTH a valid DMV handicap permit (tag or placard) and a valid Mason parking permit. DMV permits alone are not valid for parking in campus parking areas or lots.
- Motorcycle Parking Available in the King Lot and Discovery lot. Motorcycle permit required.
- Reserved - Special Guest Spaces There are 5 special guests spaces available in the Occoquan Lot and 2 special guest spaces in the Discovery lot for visitors and guests attending one day meetings. Reservation of these spaces must be made in advance through the Science & Technology Office of Administration, 703-993-8334.
Special Events – Please follow the special event signage to be directed to the designated lot being used for the event.
Parking Lot Regulations
Beacon Hall Shops Lot
- Retail Side – The retail side of the Shops lot (left side facing the building) is for retail patrons and has a 3 hour time limit for parking. Retail employees must display a valid retail employee permit given to them by their employer. The retail employee permit is only valid in the retail lot while working your shift.
- Event Side – The event side of the Shops lot (right side facing the building) is for Mason Faculty/Staff or event attendees. A valid Mason Faculty/Staff or event permit must be displayed at all times, except during Hylton Performing Arts Center special events. No Beacon Hall residents or students at any time. There is no overnight parking.
- Beacon Hall Resident Lot - The Beacon Hall Resident Lot is for Beacon Hall Resident permit holders only. A valid Beacon Hall Resident permit must be displayed at all times.
- Tower Lot – A valid Mason permit must be displayed at all times or payment at the Tower Lot Pay Station is required. Beacon Hall Resident permit holders are allowed to park in the Tower Lot if the Beacon Hall Resident Lot is full. If the Hylton Performing Arts Center is having a special event no permit or payment is required.
- Hylton Performing Arts Center Lot - A valid Mason permit must be displayed at all times unless the Hylton Performing Arts Center is having a special event. No Beacon Hall Resident permits allowed.
- Occoquan Lot - A valid Mason permit must be displayed at all times or payment at the Pay Stations located at the entrance of the Occoquan lot is required. No Beacon Hall Resident permits allowed.
- Discovery Lot - A valid Mason permit must be displayed at all times or payment at the Pay Stations located at the entrance of the Occoquan lot is required. No Beacon Hall Resident permits allowed.
- King Lot - A valid Mason permit must be displayed at all times. No Beacon Hall Resident permits allowed.
- Freedom Aquatic Center Parking Lot - Parking in the Freedom Aquatic Center Parking Lot is restricted to patrons while on center premises using the facility. If you are using the facility then have class or other business in the other campus buildings, you must move your car to the Occoquan, King, Discovery, Hylton lot (except during Hylton events) or the Tower lot. Failure to move your vehicle will put you at risk of receiving a parking ticket.